Monday, April 30, 2018

Reading Notes: Andersen's Fairy Tales, Part A

The Princess and the Pea
  • I've read this story many times but I still thought it was fun to read again!
  • I may actually rewrite this and have the girl NOT be a princess 
    • I could have her say she slept very well, which tells the family that she is not a princess
The Emperor's New Suit
  • This story is incredible as it shows you how some people will do anything to seem smart in front of others 
  • It also shows how some people will lie in order to praise you and to boost themselves as well
The Wicked Prince

  • I like that he was set straight by God
  • I'm not sure why he thought he could conquer God in the first place, but that just shows his confidence levels
  • Not sure how I could rewrite this, but I might tell the story of how God conquered the Prince in another way, instead of the little gnat
The Little Match-Seller
  • This story was quite interesting because it was so different
  • It was kind of creepy because of how at the end, the little girl died and her frozen body was found by strangers
  • I thought it was really sad that she was forced to go out in the cold to sell matches and if she didn't, she would be punished at home
  • I might rewrite this story but have someone come rescue her before she dies
Source: An image of a burning match.

No comments:

Post a Comment