Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Reading Notes: The Brothers' Grimm, Part A

The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids

  • I liked this story because it was cute and it showed how the wolf was cunning and how the way of the world is
  • I loved that the mother was able to cut the kids out of the wolf's stomach without him noticing and fill it with stones.
  • I don't think I've written a short, cute, fun story in this class so I could write one now if I wanted to rewrite this story in particular
The Seven Ravens
  • I wonder who exactly or how exactly the boys got turned into ravens and back into humans?
  • There is no character devoted to that task specifically, so I might rewrite this story and add a character, like some sort of magician or witch who is capable of transforming humans into animals
Little Red Cap
  • This story is very similar to the Wolf and the Seven Young Kids in that the wolf tried to eat children in both, and at the end, everyone he swallowed was let out again and his stomach was filled with stones instead
  • I like this version of Little Red Riding Hood since it is more of a happy ending than the original story
The Elves
  • I really like this story and find it really cute that little elves came and helped a poor shoemaker without expecting anything in return
  • This reminded me of the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire book, where Hermione makes all the elves little hats and campaigns for them because she hates the way they are treated
  • I could rewrite this story with a little Harry Potter addition to it
 


Source: Hermione's campaign for elves in the Goblet of fire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment